Posted on Thursday, June 28th, 2012 at 9:47 pm
A set of 4-year-old twins in north Texas died after drowning in their grandmother’s gated pool.
The boys’ father says he left them unattended outside the pool area for no more than 15 minutes while he went inside to check on their grandmother, who has diabetes. When he came back outside, he found them unresponsive, floating in the water.
When he pulled them out they were still alive, but sadly, they were later pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that swimming pool accidents are the leading cause of unintended death in young children. This tragic event reminds us that even with the staunchest precautions, swimming pools can prove to be an incredible danger to young children. Our thoughts are with the family in its time of grief, and we hope this blog can adequately convey our sincerest condolences.